We’re already into the second quarter of the New Year and both the micro and macro-trends for the advertising/marketing industry are looking towards significant growth. Unemployment is dropping, budgets and spending are increasing and technology is exploding with new opportunities across the industry and the overall economy is solid. So what to do...
We are living at a time of a confluence of mega trends: the retirement of the baby boomers; the creation and adoption of new technologies and an emergence of a strong economy. Growth brings new challenges to us all:
1. How do you attract talent that can provide the level of service your customers have expected?
2. With the growth of new skills requisite to adopt the new technologies, where do you find the talent and how do you train them?
3. As your own baby boomers prepare for retirement, how do you put a succession plan in place that manages the expectations for your company, your retirees and your bench strength?
4. And do you HAVE bench strength?
5. And who is actually buying stuff today?
A few facts about those Baby Boomers:
1. They control over $7 Trillion in net wealth